October 11, 2007

The Getty

After reading Debbie's post about her visit to the Getty Museum, I decided to battle the traffic and take the boys to one of my favorite places in LA. After all, it has been a couple years since my last visit, and the incredible views were too tempting. Since Tyler and Dylan don't have an appreciation for artwork, I planned on spending the entire time walking the grounds and eating lunch on the grass. However, I was surprised to learn that the museum has a family room for small children. The boys enjoyed drawing on the walls, creating foam tube sculptures, making masks (although not enough to actually wear them) and jumping on the 18th century aristocrat bed.

Trying to get a posed picture of the boys together was too hard, but I got a few action shots. After we had enough indoor time, we made our way to the garden area for lunch making sure to ride every elevator possible (Tyler is a little obsessed with elevators). Stay-tuned for pictures that Tyler took at the Getty. It is quite impressive!


3 comments:

Angela said...

oops i'm having some typing troubles today. anyways, it sounds like you guys had a great day! i haven't been to the getty in years either.

Debbie said...

Thanks for linking me on here. I am so honored! I am glad you had a good time!

Tisha said...

wow! looks like so much fun! that is one outing I didn't get to do before we left. I totally thought it wasn't kid friendly so was kinda dreading it with adley. It's on my "when I visit LA again" to-do list! the boys look adorable