October 9, 2007

Junk Food Buddies

Whenever I see a box of Chex (which is fairly often since this is one of the few cereals my husband will actually eat), I am taken back to high school, when my friends Corey, Mary and I got together for a sleepover party. As was customary for sleepovers, we ate too much junk food and watched too many movies. One of the snacks in this particular memory was Muddy Buddies. If you have never had Muddy Buddies, your stomach is missing out on one of the great junk foods of all times. Picture a bowl of crispy Chex covered in chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. Yes, they are that good.

I wasn't sure if after 15 years, Muddy Buddies would be as good as I remembered. So, last night, I decided it was time to revisit this old friend of mine and put together a batch of scrumptious goodness. Sure enough, it was as delicious as I had hoped. The only problem was that 2 hours later, Arthur thought that there was something missing from the recipe. I ran to the cabinet and grabbed the Pepto Bismol, and everything was good again. Tyler, on the other hand, thought they were perfect as is:


6 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Oh yeah - Muddy Buddies are the chocolaty food of the gods.

CoCo said...

I love that when I think of Muddy Buddies it's the SAME memory. :)

Amber said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Muddy Buddies. They are highly addictive, and don't last long in my house.

The Waldrams said...

I too am a muddy buddy lover!

holly said...

I love them too, but I love most things that have peanut butter and chocolate in them. Is there anything better than that?

mary said...

I can't believe you remember our muddy buddy sleepover! Every time I see the recipe on the box of Chex I think of you! I don't think I've had them since then. They look just as good as ever from your picture! Thanks for the laugh. Miss you!