June 8, 2008

3-2-1 Blast Off!

I can't believe that Tyler's first year of preschool is over! He started out having too much uncontrolled energy to sit still for circle time and did not play with other children. He would not speak in front of his class, could not pedal a bike, cut with scissors, or use a pencil. Only 9 months later, and he is close to mastering all of these skills. He begs to go to school on days that he does not attend. He loves to do his workbooks in the morning with me and at night with Daddy. He can write his name, knows the sound of almost all of the letters and has even read some words by sounding them out (frog, zoo, cat, and dog to name a few)!

We have had so many ups and downs this year, but looking back, I cannot believe all that he has learned. I am excited to see what the next year will bring for us, but sad that my little man is growing up so quickly. Tyler, it is a pleasure to be your mom! Congrats on finishing your first year of school!


With his teachers - I was amazed that he actually let me take this shot!

Blasting Off to Pre-K (I had to do a count-down for him to stand there)!
Last day of school - at the picnic dinner, Dylan was able to catch a few fish!
The only shot with both boys at the picnic.
The rest of the night, Tyler was running as fast as he could or jumping hurdles (see video)!

Arthur hopes that this video is a prequel to his future high school days. Perhaps, Tyler can excel at the hurdles just like his Dad???

3 comments:

Afton said...

Looking at your pictures I guess we should have stuck around. After Tyler's little program we came out and it looked like every inch was taken and we didn't see where we could sit to eat. So we left and went to eat at a park! :) Looks like we missed some fun games. It is so fun to watch how fast kids can learn. Congrats to your Tyler!

holly said...

You keep adding snippets about Arthur that are so intriguing to me. Did he run track? He was a hurdler? He can multiply 3 digit numbers in his head?
I think we need more get to know you time...

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I hear you, Kerri. It's amazing how much kids learn in just a few months.