April 2, 2009

Bad Words

This morning, Dylan and I were in the car on the way home from our morning run. Dylan never wants to go home when we are out and about. So, I am trying to find a way to avoid the mild crying fit (it is Dylan after all) every time we go up the road to our house. Today, I tried to get him excited about going home to play with his toys. Here is the conversation we had:

Dylan: Mommy, we going home?
Me: Yes, but you will get to play with your balls and trucks!
Dylan: No go home! (crying begins)
Me: It's ok because we will have to pick up Tyler from school soon. So, we will get to ride in the car again! For now, you get to play with your toys or read books if you want!
Dylan: Me watch tv??
Me: No, we'll play with toys and read books instead. That is much more fun.
Dylan: Mommy, don't say that bad word!
Me: I said a bad word?
Dylan: Yes, you said "no watch tv" and that is a bad word. Mommy, No Say That Bad Word!

Since I use that phrase very often during the day, I'll probably have to prepare myself for lots of soap in my mouth!

1 comments:

Amber said...

Ha. That is HILARIOUS! I find myself saying that to Leah all day long too.