April 28, 2009

A Bit of Progress

Well the Progress Charts have been filled in! The Disneyland trip is planned and the boys are so proud of themselves. But, there is still a lot of work to do.

I have to say that I am most impressed with Tyler's swimming. Wearing his goggles has helped him to not be afraid to put his face in the water and now he is having so much more fun. He is trusting the instructors and relaxing a bit. I still am not convinced that he will actually learn to swim this year, but I am just happy that the fear is starting to dissipate.

Dylan, on the other hand, is still a huge work in progress. Yesterday, we had 2 BAD accidents (on the carpet) and just now, he woke up from his nap with wet pants - which ultimately means I have to change his sheets and do a load of laundry. I am not sure where to go with him. Part of me just wants to do what I was doing before and take him to the bathroom regularly on my own. We were doing so well and were accident-free for months! The other part wonders if this will just contribute to his inability to recognize or communicate to me when he needs to go.

Oh the joys of parenting!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I wonder if his accidents have anything to do with the pending 3rd bundle of joy. Especially since he was accident free for so long. Just a thought.

California Garners said...

Maybe Dylan needs to wear the goggles. Tell him they're magic reminder goggles.

Nicole said...

I love both comments already. Maybe it is fake it till you make it time and take him. If you try and make him remember maybe he won't and doesn't that just end with more work for you>