March 19, 2010

Huntington Library

It has felt like summer this week in Southern California. So, we have tried to get outside quite a bit to enjoy it. Today, while Tyler was in school, Dylan, Austin and I went to the Huntington Library to explore the gardens with a friend.

When we first got there, we went over to the Children's Garden. Austin was so captured by these flowers that I could not get his attention to take a picture. Another girl came over and asked to take his picture (obviously because of how cute he is), and she could not get his attention, either!

The only thing that got his mind off the flowers were the water fountains. So, we spent a good amount of time getting wet!
The last time we were here, I sat on a bench to feed Austin, while my mom took the boys through the Japanese Garden. So, Dylan was thrilled to be my guide through the bamboo forest and up and down the steps to the bridge over the koi pond. It is beautiful, but unfortunately, there are a lot of hills, and I was carrying Austin and a HEAVY diaper bag, so there are no pictures there.

Fun on the lawn after a long day of walking and exploring the gardens:
Austin hasn't figured out that it is his nose that he should be covering when there are stinky feet nearby.
I love these 2 shots. Both boys doing the exact same thing:

4 comments:

The Waldrams said...

Your boys are so cute! This weather has been amazing! I'm glad you are enjoying it too.

P.S. I'm glad that you are back to blogging again

Tisha said...

such cute pics!! love those cute boys!! I miss huntington!! bribgs back memories!! definately call us when you are here this summer- my family is actually all coming out to do a reunion in the Outerbanks that same week!! well head to OBX saturday the 29th and come back the 5th of june, so lets try to connect on either end of that- what day do you guys fly in? would LOVE to see you!!

Lisa said...

Those are such sweet pictures. I love how gentle Dylan is!

Nancy said...

that was so fun! let's do it again.