March 5, 2010

Soccer

Well it is nearly Fall 2010, so I should probably start updating this and catch up from Fall 2009! Here goes - but don't be surprised if this takes a while - things are rather busy with a kindergartener, preschooler, and 8 month old who doesn't like to nap!

September marked Tyler's first year of Soccer. A game where you get to run for long periods of time is definitely suited for Ty! Here are pictures:

Stretching for the Big Game:



With no positions in this age group, mosh-pit soccer is what happens:


Water Breaks:

Tyler's #1 fan. I really have to say that Dylan was such a trooper through the entire season. It isn't easy trying to entertain yourself for an hour every Saturday for 3 months.



Opening Ceremonies and picture day - our team went easy and purchased a banner. I sort of regret that decision now, but at the time, I was still adjusting to life with baby #3, kindergarten and preschool. Perhaps next year I will volunteer to help make the banner.....perhaps.


When you are a 5 year old boy and have to wait for long periods of time to get your picture taken, this is what you do for fun - spit in your friend's face:


And this is what you do at the end of a long day:

We didn't win a single game, but the season was a success. Tyler had a blast and wore himself out. We did tie the last game of the season, but won zero! Oh well. We ended the season at Round Table for some pizza and trophies. Like I said, it was a success!




I guess I should mention that there was one casualty at the end of the season. The next day, we found the poor trophy in this condition.

1 comments:

Chelsea said...

Your kids are so adorable! I loved the spitting in the face past-time. It must be a boy thing, I don't remember doing that as a kid! :)