March 4, 2007

Don't Forget your Goggles

Some of you may wonder why there is a picture of a kitchen sink on my blog. Yes, it has been a while since I last posted. Yes, we have been all had colds the last few days, so there is not much to share. Yes, I am running out of fun stories to tell. But, if you give me a minute, you will realize that yes, a kitchen sink can be blogworthy.

My kitchen sink looked really cool when we bought the house. Complete with 3 sections, a disposal, and a spray, you might think this was actually the perfect sink. Little did I know that the devil can appear in all places - including the kitchen sink.

First of all, the sink had really high water pressure. Whenever I turned on the faucet, I had to step back a couple of feet to avoid getting sprayed. Of course, I always forgot and before even one dish was rinsed, I would find water all over my face.

Second, the raised middle section was where the disposal was located. I would have to do most of my dishwashing in a tiny 2 inch deep sink to ensure that all food particles were drained correctly. Because pots, pans, plates, and even some of our silverware are actually bigger than this sink, water would again dump all over the lower section of my shirt and the top of my pants fell victim. Tyler used to have fun playing in the puddle that would form on the ground under the sink.

Third, the dreaded sprayer. The dishes would all be finished, and I could actually picture myself relaxing at some point in the evening. I would pick up the sprayer and give the sink a good spray-down to complete the job. Upon releasing the spray, I would lift the hose to return it to it's appropriate slot only to find the water still gushing out at full-speed. Once again, water would hit me all over my face, shoulder and chest. Who else needs to include changing their clothes as part of the dishwashing routine?

The fourth and most critical reason why a new kitchen sink can be blogworthy is the comment Arthur made once the new sink was installed. He turned on the faucet and said, "Wow, this new sink actually makes me want to do dishes!"

There you have it ladies and gentlemen. If the story didn't do it for you, maybe you will just enjoy looking at pictures of our sink for a couple of days. Stay tuned - I will be in Utah next week visiting Steve, Patty and their 4 kids. At the very least, there will be some fun pictures coming soon..


Our glorious new sink - Thank you mom and dad!

2 comments:

CoCo said...

Is it sad that I'm totally excited about your sink? It's grogeous! Time to retire those swedish goggles yet again. :)

Kerri said...

I thought I was sad for actually blogging about my new sink. But the fact that you, a reader, is excited about it makes me feel a little less like a loser.

I love the picture of the dog on your blog, Corey! It reminds me of Tasha.