May 29, 2007

Help me win a bet!

I am working on posting some pictures from our trip to Florida. In the meantime, I have a little request...

I have been trying to get Arthur to post a blog entry for weeks now. He keeps telling me that the stuff he would write about would bore our blog fans. But, he and I were co-editors of the world-renowned University Ward newsletter (aka "The Bridge") in our singles ward in Boston. Many of you who attended church with us back then, might remember his prowess to write a captivating article or two. So, I bet him that if I could get 10 comments from our readers, he would have to post something. Given that the largest number of comments any of my posts have generated is 4, 10 is a huge goal. Also, Arthur has mandated that I need 10 unique comments (so multiple commenters will not be counted). If you would like to hear from someone else in the Shek household, please leave a comment. So, for any of you that have comment phobia, here is your chance to face your fears. Just to make it easier, here is what you can write: "I want Artie!" If I lose this bet, I suppose I can take it as a compliment that you really enjoy my blog and feel that Arthur's post might taint an otherwise perfect site.

11 comments:

maren bosley said...

okay...I'm all about hearing from Arthur. Maybe he can craft some sort of subliminal message in his entry (ie. Arthur Rocks, Kerri...) well, I'm sure you remember :)
oh....the memories! Love you guys!

CoCo said...

DITTO! We want Arthur! We want Arthur! Okay, now I sound like a 2 year old. I adore hearing from Kerri, but perspective is always appreciated. I think Arthur can add another quality layer to the blog postings. :)

Anonymous said...

Not to sound partial, but as Arthur's father, I would like to hear his side of the stories in the household, in addition to Kerri's excellent accounts. So, allow me to add my two cents' worth--Artie, write your share!

Anonymous said...

While I thoroughly enjoy what Kerri's been posting, Arthur can chip in his share, too. Just do it, Artie.

Amber said...

I'm fine with just hearing from you Kerri, but I would like to see you win the bet. Ha. Ha. You're half way there!!!!

Amanda said...

Count me in for wanting to hear from Arthur too! Maybe if all these comments won't get him to do it, perhaps we can all send in Arthur blackmail pictures...I have a great one from the time Arthur blew up my Darth Maul inflatable chair - by mouth. I thought he'd pass out by the time he was done. What a devoted home teacher!

Anonymous said...

I am all for helping you win your bet, Kerri! I don't usually comment but anything to avoid studying or making dinner!

jane maynard said...

you don't need no arthur, kerri... :) but you gotta win the bet! hee hee.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Arthur's perspective on blueray vs HD while in Florida and highly endorse the recommendation that he contribute to this blog. Look forward to hearing from you Arthur. Perhaps Arthur could include some animation...

Anonymous said...

You know what they say. Last is best of all the game. So Arthur, as your mom-in-law, I am happy to tell you that you will now be favoring us with your brilliant comments. (Laughter will be a good ingredient too)

Kerri said...

Thank you to all for your help in winning this bet. Although I am having second thoughts after the suggestion about a Blueray/HD discussion. I may actually lose readers with that sort of post!

I would love to see the picture of Arthur blowing up a Darth Maul chair, though!