June 15, 2007

Summer Picnic with Mickey

Top 10 ways to know if you are at a Disney event:


10. Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck are walking around.
9. You spot people humming tunes like "zippity doo da" as they wait in line for hot dogs.
8. Every car in the parking lot has a "DSNYFAN", "MKYMOUS", or "WLTDSNY" type vanity license plate.
7. Winners of the raffle are named Ariel Smith, Jasmine Jones, and Dash Williams.
6. There are more people waiting in line at the pin-trading station than at the ferris wheel.
5. The MC sounds a whole lot like Goofy.
4. It is perfectly normal for an adult to walk around with Mickey Mouse Ears on his head.
3. People are heard conversing about new plants around Disneyland.
2. Complaints are raised about why there is no Fast Pass for the BBQ line.
1. Mispronouncing my last name could get someone kicked out.



Here are some pictures from this summer's picnic at Calamigos Ranch in Malibu:


2 comments:

Megan said...

kerri- this is too funny. so, I found your page (and maren's) off of Jane's and after reading all of your blogs I decided I needed to have one of my own. In fact, I have you to thank for introducing us to the fire truck museum out in Tooele. I read about your visit on your blog and thought that would be right up Charlie's alley. we went a few weeks ago and he still hasn't stopped talking about it. Your boys are adorable and I love reading about them!

Sarah said...

Are you serious about the contest winners' names?? I can't imagine naming my kid "Dash!"

Sounds like fun though - did anyone get kicked out after reading your nametag then?