July 11, 2007

Dear Dylan (Part II),

Ever since you've gotten better, I've been reminiscing about your sick days. The cold really knocked you off balance the past four days, but now you are well.

I miss your sleeping half the day, allowing me to play my new Xbox 360.

I miss your throwing up, distracting Mommy with the carpet cleaner so she doesn't notice when I leave my mess around the house.

I miss how easy it is to shampoo your head when you're a limp fish.

I miss being able to change your poopy diaper without you kicking your legs until it hits its poop target.

I miss being able to find my cellphone and keys where I left them instead of running around trying to find them a minute before I have to leave for work.

I miss sitting in church without having your Cheerios and slobber mixture encrusting my dress pants because you're at home zonked out.

I miss being able to use your fever as an excuse to leave the air conditioning on long after Mommy wants it off.

Please get sick again soon. Ouch, why is Mommy smacking me in the head?

Love,

Dad

6 comments:

Amber said...

Got to hand it to you. You're a funny guy!!! And you probably deserved that hit on the head.

Megan said...

this is classic. thanks for the laughs.

CoCo said...

1 point Arthur.

Anonymous said...

A truly Arthurian perspective! We asked for it, we got it. Keep it up, Arthur. Keep smacking him, Kerri.

Anonymous said...

arthur - I've missed your humor. lots of love to you, keri, tyler, and dylan.

Desi said...

I know we're a little slow... but this had us on the floor laughing. Hilarious.