July 10, 2007

Dear Dylan,

Ever since you have been sick, I have been reminiscent about your healthier days. This cold has really knocked you off balance for the past week, and I can hardly wait till you feel completely better.

I miss your 20 minute naps. Now that you want to sleep all day (especially on my shoulder), I am starting to miss those moments when I am rushing to get everything done while you sleep.

I miss you crawling into the bathroom with that mischievous smile because you know I don't like you to be in the bathroom.

I miss finding you in the closet sucking on my shoes.

I miss being fearful that the stair gate is going to fall off while you shake it.

I miss finding all the magnetic letters all over the kitchen floor.

I miss spoon feeding you as fast as possible to ensure that you don't get mad at having to take more than 1 breath in between bites.

I miss having to save your life while Tyler plays with you.

I miss cleaning your slobber off the windows.

I miss having you help me with the laundry by pulling all the clean clothes out of the dryer and onto the dirty kitchen floor.

I miss finding the toilet paper roll completely unraveled.

The house is cleaner than most days, I have been able to get a little rest, and I am not nearly as happy.
Please get better soon.

Love,

Mom

4 comments:

Angela said...

This is probably the cutest post ever! Get better soon, Dylan!

Amber said...

This sounds like one of those forwarded emails I always get that make you remember how much you love being a mom, despite the difficulties of it. Except this time I actually know the person who wrote it. I hope Dylan gets better soon!!!

CoCo said...

Shoot. Angela stole my thoughts. This is seriously the cutest letter ... ever!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Thanks for reminding me to appreciate even the tough stuff of momhood. Like spit-up on dry-clean-only skirts. Gotta love it. :)