November 13, 2007

Pumpkin Bread

Today, Tyler was "Very Special Person" in his preschool class. One of his responsibilities is to provide a snack for the class. Last time, he held the position, I took the easy route and sent cheese and crackers. Baking is just not something that I do very often. My oven cooks uneven and the temperature gauge is not accurate. I am also not a skilled baker. So, the combination makes the likelihood of a delectable dessert being produced in my kitchen very rare. I was amazed when this recipe for Pumpkin Bread actually worked, and I felt good about sending the finished product with Tyler to school. I thought I would share it, because if I can make it taste good, you can too!

Here is a picture of how mine turned out (minus half of the loaf that was sent to school):



*Note: I omitted the walnuts and coconut from the recipe, but am sure it would be just as good if I had included them.

7 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Congrats on your baking success! :)

I love pumpkin anything, but for some reason I have yet to venture into pumpkin bread territory. I may have to give this recipe a whirl.

Amanda said...

That does look good. You'll have to share your recipe!

You're lucky that you can make things for Tyler's preschool. In our county you're only allowed to bring in store bought goodies for the schools. Talk about a pain. It cost $15 for us to bring cupcakes and milk in for Caleb's class party a couple of months ago.

Marie said...

It must be a fall thing. I just made banana bread. Yours looks really good!

Peter's preschool only allows store bought things as well. I guess we just can't be trusted not to poison the kids!

Jessica said...

So, I LOVE pumpkin bread! It is so amazing! I will definitely have to try this recipe out. I have a recipe that my Grandma gave me that promises to be good, however, it makes 7 (yes, that is a number seven) loaves. There is no WAY that I would be making 7 loaves!!!! I can handle 1!

becks said...

Pumpkin bread . . .Mmmmmmmmm. Nice work. You've totally inspired me to break my self-imposed "no baking" streak. Thanks:)

Amber said...

I love to bake and that pumpkin bread looks yummy. But I noticed it had coconut milk in it. Was that hard to find?

Kerri said...

Yeah, I never thought about how trusting we are with the snacks. I guess there has never been an incident at the school, so they have continued to allow us to bring homemade treats.

Amber - Coconut is usually found in the Asian food section of the stores.