November 9, 2007

School Pictures

Yesterday was picture day at pre-school. As expected, Tyler didn't want anything to do with it. We watched as child after child walked over to the mat and posed with perfect smiles while the photographer took a couple dozen shots. She would tell the kids to say silly things like "turkey" or "stinky feet" and every single one of them would repeat with no complaint. Those parents are going to have a hard time choosing which adorable shot they will want to include in their scrapbooks.

Meanwhile, Tyler screamed and kicked every time I tried to get him to take a turn. After about 40 minutes of begging and bribing him, the photographer came up with a brilliant idea of having Tyler sit on my legs (with me conveniently out of the shot), while she snapped 2 close ups. Even though there was a hint of a smile, I will be in shock if either of those shots actually turn out well. Because I am a smart mother and anticipated such, I took a few pictures in the comfort of our home before we went to school. Sure, I don't have the cute forest setting in the background, but when you are as handsome as Tyler, who needs Bambi to make you look good?

7 comments:

holly said...

How does a kid that bute NOT want to have his picture taken? Maybe if you had a Nikon D40...:)

holly said...

Ha ha ha...I meant cute, obviously.

Amanda said...

I am fortunate that Caleb is usually pretty willing to have his picture taken (although if you don't get it the first time, he's not very happy about having a second shot). This year his school pictures were cute, but he was really off center. I wish they would have cropped the picture to get him in the center. But they were MUCH better than his preschool photos last year. They posed my kid - my 4 1/2 year old - on a tiny little rocking horse. He didn't have his picture taken on one of those when he was two! Needless to say, we didn't buy those and Rob is convinced that we should just take our own pictures from now on.

Anonymous said...

These are surely the pictures of a handsome young man. I can almost visualize how Tyler looks in 20 years. Way to go, Tyler! Thanks,Kerri, for keeping such good records of a budding heartthrob!

The Waldrams said...

I'm sure the pictures turned out great! He is very cute, so how could they be bad?

Megan said...

that is one handsome boy! Seriously, if looks could kill . . . totally relate to the photographer phobia, by the way

Rachel said...

Kerri! I am so happy to have found you in the blogger world. The boys are so cute!! I wish our kids could play together. Ever thought about moving to Utah? ha ha ha ha

Yes you can link our blog, only if we can link yours:)