May 7, 2008

Descanso Gardens

My membership to the Arboretum is perhaps my best investment yet. Not only do I get to take any 4 people I want with me, I also can get into about 200 other Reciprocal Gardens in the country. After spending close to 4 days trying to recover from our jet lag, I decided it was time to get out of the house for some fun. We headed over to Descanso Gardens. It had been a couple years since the last time I had visited and was curious to see if it was as beautiful as I remembered and also to test it's kid-friendliness.

The train alone makes this place an instant hit with the kids. At $3 a person, it was more than I wanted to spend for a 5 minute ride, but I had to feel better that at least we didn't have to pay the entrance fee into the garden.


As usual, whenever Tyler sees a grove of trees, he instantly feels the need to run through it and pretend to get lost. Expectedly, Dylan had smiles just to be able to follow his big brother around.


The rose garden was spectacular. Just imagine 4 acres of Roses! If I were still single (not that I wish that I were, Arthur!), this is where I would love to be have my wedding reception. Love was clearly in the air as I even got the boys to sit still and enjoy the beauty for a couple shots.


We ended our day in the Children's Garden. It has a miniature maze which the boys had a blast running through.

So, Descanso passed the kid-friendly test and we will definitely be returning soon!

4 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

The mini maze looks fun.

I love the pictures of the boys in the rose garden.

The Waldrams said...

I've never been there. It looks so pretty. I love the Hawaii pictures too. I'm so jealous. That's so cute how they love each other.

Tisha said...

wow! I miss Descanso Gardens, (although we were definitely more Huntington goers)- I love the cute pics of the boys in the roses- they are adorable! I also loved looking through the Hawaii pics- so fun! and busy! that is fun taking the kids, very brave :) It looks like you guys had a great time- I didn't know Arthur proposed there! that IS romantic!
Well, I'm super excited for your brother to be out here..that means you will definitely have to come visit NC, hopefully soon! Yeah!!

Janie said...

Of course I remember you Kerri! Thanks for the great comment on my blog. :) Your boys are sooo cute together! I love the pics of them in the gardens together. And Hawaii looks like a total blast. Nice!