May 6, 2008

Hawaii: Days 7-8

Our last full day in Hawaii was spent at Waimea Bay again. This time there was a bit of cloud coverage and it was a little bit cool, but we still had fun. The cooler temperatures may have scared the rest of the family from swimming, but the water called to my old swimmer blood and I had to get in. The boys played in the sand for a while and then finally stuck their feet in the water to play in the tiny waves. We had a great time even if it was not the best weather for a beach day.

Searching for Shells with DaddyShowing us his LootPracticing his Kung Foo
That night, we had a sunset dinner at Jameson's By the Sea in Haleiwa. After a week of hogging the camera, we thought it was only fair to give Tyler a chance to take a few pictures. I think they turned out pretty nice!

Latern from our Table

Artistic shot of a Doodle Sheet
Grandpa's love of flower shots clearly has been passed down to Tyler
What you get when you ask Mom and Dad to make funny faces
The next morning, we packed up our stuff and headed to the airport. Even the airport gave us good memories as Tyler and Dylan were awe-struck by the airplanes. Tyler basically forgot all about his beloved juice cup to get a glimpse of the airplanes! This picture makes me question what sort of parents are we to let our child lay on the floor of an airport like that. I am just going to blame it on island fever!


Even though we had quite a few meltdowns every day of the trip, we are still so happy we were able to go. We have memories that will last a lifetime and if we start to forget, we will just have to return!

8 comments:

holly said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to go. It looks like so much fun! Brian and I are so excited to go this summer, even if it is only for a weekend. :(

Megan said...

Arthur!! I can't believe how long it has been. I just came across your blog off of the Coons'...your family is beautiful, your boys are so cute!! Congratulations on everything...I'm so glad to see you're doing so well!!

Sarahp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarahp said...

Awesome. I love Hawaii. It must have been hard to leave. I proud of you guys for taking it on even with little kids and for still having fun. Hopefully we will be able to drag our crew out there soon.

Afton said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! How fun! That is somewhere I have always wanted to go. (who doesn't?) So glad you were able to go!

Angela said...

Tyler is quite a character. I love his flower shots and the picture of him on the ground at the airport! I'm glad you had an awesome time.

CoCo said...

What a fun trip! Next time if you're in the market for a "nanny" on the trip, I'm sure I can make myself available. :)

Lorie said...

I'm so jealous that you went to Hawaii, and I'm so impressed that you took your kids. It looks like you had so much fun!