May 12, 2008

Who Taught Him That?

When Tyler is playing, he tends to babble about things that make very little sense. We usually just shrug it off and smile as random things come out of his mouth while he is making a mad dash across the house. I almost shrugged off some interesting babble last week. He was repeating numbers over and over in this little sing-song voice. Finally I put it together. It was our phone number!

Ready to give Arthur a "Great Daddy" award for teaching our 3 year old some useful information, I asked him about it. Arthur had no idea how he learned it. So, I think Tyler must have overheard me repeating our number while leaving a voice message for someone on the phone or something. I have a feeling our little guy is going to be good with numbers just like his Dad! Maybe someday he will be able to multiply 3-digit numbers together in his head, too!

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Wow that is pretty impressive!! All in the right order? We have been reading Tommy the kid Book of Mormon and after we read it to him he tells us the story in his own way. They are so funny!!

CoCo said...

Maybe keep social security numbers and information on bank account(s) locked away for a LONG time! Genius alert. :)

Amber said...

Just like Dad...I thought you were the accountant. I think you can take credit for his excellent number skills.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Wow - you really never know what your kids will pick up, or when they'll do it.

I think Coco has a point about SSNs and bank info. :)