August 20, 2008

Home Makeover

I have never been fond of the color of our walls, but because of our 18 foot ceilings, I thought it was impossible to paint it ourselves. The thought of hiring a painter just seemed like a waste of money, so we have never done it. I should know not to say something is impossible in front of my mom. So, after 7 trips to Home Depot, almost falling off of a 20 foot ladder, taping a paint brush to the end of a pole to be able to reach edges, and a lot of fun, the room was painted.

I forgot to take "before" pictures, but was able to track down a few random shots to give a better idea.

Bedroom before (notice furniture placement and wall-color):


Bedroom after (I still need to hang pictures and make some curtains):


And because my mom doesn't know how to relax when she visits, she decided to remove a nasty shower door that was moldy and broken and installed a shower curtain.

Before:
After:

When she finished all of that, she didn't want the unused paint to waste, so she painted a bathroom, replaced our towel bars, toilet paper holder, and gave us the softest towels I have ever felt. I don't have a before picture, but I am sure you can imagine:


Did I mention that my mom is old-enough to have a 43 year old son???

Thank you, Mom! I wish I had as much energy as you do!

6 comments:

Eric & Gretchen said...

Looks great!

The Jensens said...

Wow, it looks fabulous! I wish I had as much energy as your mom too!

Amanda said...

Wow! Why don't I call you after we move and you can decorate my new place! (You can bring your mom!) So beautiful!

holly said...

It looks so good! How fun to have your mom help so much. I love the color...I want to see it in person now.

Amber said...

Wow....it's all so beautiful! I love it.

Orange Peanut said...

Very Nice! You've been busy! Can I adopt your mom?