June 15, 2009

Baby Prep

This baby is probably going to be born in the next 2-3 weeks. So, I am in Baby-Prep Mode! I have been talking to the boys quite a bit about the new baby. I know they will never really be prepared until he arrives, but I just want to make sure they are in the loop about some of the baby stuff.

Today at lunch, we were talking about how the baby will cry and need to be held. I asked the boys who should hold the baby when he is crying and they both decided it would be best if me and Daddy do that. They were surprised to hear that they could also hold the baby on occasion.

So, the discussion then lead to how they can help the baby.

Dylan immediately said, "I can teach the baby about Lightening McQueen and Chick Hick!"

Tyler followed up with, "I can teach him how to hold hands and look both ways on the street!"

Although most of the time I am fearful for the baby to be brought to our crazy household, it is times like this that I think he could have a chance!

6 comments:

maren bosley said...

Those boys are going to absolutely ADORE their new brother. The older Will and Hyde get the more they just dote on the babies in our home. I LOVE it.

Good luck these next couple of weeks. I'll be thinking of you!

The Waldrams said...

That is so sweet! They are going to be great big brothers! I can't believe you are so close to having him. I love the camping pictures too.

Amber said...

ok that is really cute! And I can't believe you are about to have your baby and we haven't had you guys over yet. Sheesh. I'm SO lame.

Staci said...

I think you will really enjoy the transition to three. I sure did. It's non-stop work and non-stop fun.

It was great to see you guys on Saturday!

Nicole said...

They are going to be great! I am sure the things the boys teach the baby will be a lesson worth learning.

Jillaire said...

I like how you made it so the boys are the ones who decided it's best for Mom and Dad to hold the baby.