January 22, 2007

Happy Birthday, Dylan!

Introducing Dylan Tin-Wei Shek
August 31, 2006

This time around was completely different from when I had Tyler. When I delivered Tyler, I was diagnosed with HELLP syndrome. Although I felt great, there were quite a few risks during the delivery. Because my platelet count had been low during the pregancy with Dylan (which was the same with Tyler), my doctor was monitoring me closely. About 1 week to the due-date, my platelet count had dropped slightly, so we felt it was best to induce. I started having contractions the night before the induction, so it made me feel better knowing I had naturally started to go into labor. We went to the hospital and had my platelets tested again. This time it had gone up which was great news for us. I was able to get an epidural very quickly after I was induced. Very little pain was felt for me and I actually was able to take a nap during the labor process. A few hours and 3 pushes later, we had a healthy baby boy!


0 comments: