August 12, 2007

Rescued in Sac - Town

Last week, Arthur was down in San Diego attending Siggraph to learn about mind-draining subjects like Isosurface Stuffing and Gradient Domain Editing. (If you are interested in topics like that, you should stop reading now, bury your head in your hands, and think of ways to remedy your sad life. Everyone else can consider themselves normal and keep reading.)

To avoid trying to run after the boys by myself, I decided to take them up to Sacramento to spend time with the family.

We started the week at Funderland, a cute little amusement park for small kids. Tyler warmed up his nerves on the Carousel with Grandpa Shields. After that, he was ready to take on Himalaya with me. By then, he felt really grown up, and rode the Airplanes all by himself. His cousin Kellen rode with him on the Back Road Buggies (it was a pretty quick ride, and I missed getting a picture). The boys were fast best friends as they waited in line for the Log Flume.





All was going so well on the Log Flume until the very end of the ride. Sensing the small dip ahead, Tyler decided it was time to abort ship, and threw his legs over the boat. Thankfully the workers spotted him, stopped the ride, and pulled him to safety before any major catastrophe occurred. Somehow, after that, I still managed to convince him to ride the Dragon Coaster with me. Even with his head buried in my chest, he walked away from the ride saying, "That was REAL fun!". I think that next week, we will take him to Six Flags to try out Goliath.




The remainder of the week was spent eating great food and playing with Uncle Alvin at Grandma and Grandpa Shek's house and more playing and swimming at Grandma and Grandpa Shields' house. We also got both grandparents together for a dinner at Macaroni Grill.



I know I tend to go a little nutty with all the pictures, but I hope that at least the grandparents appreciate all the fuss.

Lastly, just to add a little life to this post, here is a video of the boys playing near the swimming pool. It is a bit long, but Kellen, Tyler, Quinn and Dylan are just too cute to cut it any shorter.

*** On a side note, there was no way to get pictures while they were actually in the water because we had our hands full trying to ensure that the kids were not drowning***




3 comments:

Arthur said...

The pictures of Tyler peeking over the log ride and then the worker taking him out is classic. Nice camera work, honey!

CoCo said...

I concur with Arthur's supportive comments!

I'll add my own by stating that while I'm not "family", I thoroughly enjoy the nutty picture posting overload, so please feel liberated to go nutter-butter on your posting.

And yes! when are we playing?

Anonymous said...

Kerri - The pictures and commentaries are WAY TOO CUTE!!! I love being in on the Shek's life!! XXOO!!