September 11, 2007

Tyler's 1st day of Preschool

Last week we received a last minute call from a local preschool notifying us that a space opened up for Tyler. Other parents had months to mentally prepare themselves and their children for school, but I had only 5 days. Given that Arthur had to wait in line for 4 hours only to find out Tyler would be put on the wait-list, we were thrilled to receive the call.

Today was his first day of school. He was a little apprehensive at first and did not want me to leave. I waited outside the room with the other nervous mothers to make sure all the kids settled down within a few minutes. We took turns peaking in the rooms to check on each other's kids so that our own kids didn't see us spying. When the coast was clear, we decided it was safe to leave.

When I went to pick Tyler up, I was relieved to find that he did not have any major cuts or bruises and that he had not given any other kids cuts or bruises. He was actually in a great mood and told me all about his day. He played with trains and cars and got to go outside to the play ground. He was even excited to tell me about the crackers and lemonade he had for snack. I think he will end up doing just fine at school.

5 comments:

holly said...

How cute! Congratulations on sending your firstborn off to school. I'm sure he will love it.

Sarah said...

Wow! Way to sneak in to Calvary at the last minute! Now I wish we'd gotten Penny all signed up so the two of them could be in school together. Maybe next year...

CoCo said...

If Dylan is ever missing, the first place to check is with me. So friggin' adorable. I'm excited that Tyler had a good first day - I'm sure it was nerve racking for you.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Funny how most childhood experiences are more unnerving for the parents than the kids. :)

Tisha said...

he looks adorable! I'm sure he's loving it- sorry i just checked this now- would have asked you all about it! missing you guys!