December 1, 2007

A Christmas Miracle

Tonight was our church Christmas party, and I prepared myself for yet another disappointing year that Tyler would refuse to sit on Santa's lap. We didn't even take our camera because there has never been any cute photo ops in years past. And, if you read this post, you would understand what I am typically dealing with in unfamiliar situations with Tyler.

While we were waiting in the Santa Claus line, Tyler actually was excited! I just kept waiting for the anxiety and screaming to commence. We were next in line, and Tyler said, "Mommy, it is almost our turn!". When the little girl in front of us started to cry, I thought my luck had run out, but my little guy actually went right up to Santa, sat on his lap, and said very clearly, "I want a scooter for Christmas!". Then, he continued to sit patiently while his picture was taken.

When I returned to our table with the good news, Arthur wanted to see it for himself. So, we decided to go back and try to get a picture with both the boys. Once again, Tyler ran back to Santa's knee. Surprisingly, Dylan was the one who was not going to have anything to do with it.

On a side note, stay tuned for some fun pictures from Thanksgiving week that I hope to post tomorrow.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Cute story! I'm sad I didn't see you tonight. I hope Tyler gets a scooter for Christmas. :)

maren bosley said...

Oh my goodness--so many stories about your boys remind me of mine! They do outgrow it--though Hyde is still 3 and stubborn as a mule. Hopefully he'll outgrow some of that too!