March 23, 2008

Easter is My Friend


Saturday night, I was walking out the door to go see a movie with a couple of friends. Tyler turned to me and said, "Are you going to pick up Easter, Mommy?" Then, the next day, he said to us, "Easter gave me this Thomas movie!"

Apparently, Easter is a person and Tyler seems to be on a first-name basis with him!

Thankfully, I had found this Easter lesson, and was able to use it to teach the boys about the Resurrection and reinforce why we celebrate Easter.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day:



We hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend!

8 comments:

CoCo said...

I think Tyler and Kelton have the same tie?! :)

http://now-n-later.blogspot.com/2008/03/need-i-say-more.html

holly said...

I love that Easter is a person...very funny. Brian and I were laughing AGAIN at your egg hunt story. Poor Tyler...no eggs? That kid may need a little therapy when he is older. :)

The Waldrams said...

Cute pictures! We do our Easter egg hunt inside too. I just thought everyone always did it that way too, but someone pointed out to me that they thought it was weird. So it's good to know that someone else does it that way too.

Kerri said...

Yeah, I grew up with the indoor easter hunt. It seemed weird to me when my friends said they did their's outside. I mean, did their parents actually let them run through the flowers to search for eggs?

Corey - yep same tie! Obviously, Kelton has great taste!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I love the "brothers and a duck" pictures.

My family hunted eggs outdoors when we were little, then indoors when we were older. Not sure what motivated the change.

Amber said...

I'm so glad you commented on my blog, cuz I lost your blog address when I changed my template.

That's so cool that Stacy had her baby already. She was a couple weeks early huh? How wonderful. Congrats to her, from me, when you see her.

Orange Peanut said...

They look so cute in their Easter outfits! Hope you are doing well! When will you come up to Sac again?

Dori said...

Oh, so cute! Isn't it fun trying to teach the meaning of the holidays to little kids? I love the random questions that they come up with.