November 21, 2008

Descanso Gardens

A couple days before Halloween, I took the boys to Descanso Gardens. I had just received my new camera, and this is the perfect place to practice. I went in the middle of the day when it was extremely hot and sunny, so I learned a lot about how the sun and shadows affect pictures. Basically, I learned that I went at the wrong time of day. But, I persevered and we had a good time, nonetheless. Although, the boys definitely would have preferred to not have a camera stuck in their face the entire time. After only about a couple hundred shots, I got a handful that I liked. Here are the few that turned out pretty nice.

I am hoping to take a class next year because I definitely don't have raw talent!











2 comments:

suzi said...

Kerri! Great job! You got some really nice shots. Your boys are so cute. I hope you are feeling better

Debbie said...

These are really cute! What kind of camera did you get? I am planning to get a new one too...was thinking either Nikon or Canon. I would like to take a class too at PCC...maybe we should take it together??!!