January 3, 2008

6 Kids Under the Age of 8

My brother, Steve came to visit last weekend and brought along his 4 kids. Arthur's brother, Aaron dropped by as well for dinner. Aaron gave Tyler a helmet and pads for protection while he rides his new scooter. Since Tyler thinks Uncle Aaron is the coolest, he wouldn't take off the helmet or pads all night (which is why he is wearing them in all the pictures). In fact, he made us help him put them on over his pajamas when it was nighttime. I don't even want to get started on the negotiations we had to go through to get him to remove them when it was time for bed!

The cousins got to reacquaint themselves with each other by jumping in the mini bouncer and throwing balls down the hill in the backyard. I don't think I'll ever forget Am
anda, Tyler and I sneaking into our neighbor's "jungle" backyard to retrieve one of the balls.

Everyone had a blast and we were all sad the next morning when the house was empty. Oh, and with 6 kids in the house, please ignore the mess in the background of the pictures!


3 comments:

maren bosley said...

SO CUTE!!! We watched my brothers (at that time) 6 kids overnight once while he and his wife had a little anniversary trip. At that time we lived in our 700 square foot apartment. It was madness! Needless to say, after they left and we just had our two kids it just felt like the easiest most calm home ever! I guess everything is relative! I probably need to remember that more often :)

holly said...

I love that Tyler wouldn't take off the helmet and pads. Kids are awesome.

CoCo said...

So Tyler is practicing for his role as a body double when they remake Benny & Joon?!