January 9, 2008

How many Friends do you have?

I enjoy teasing Arthur when he complains about how few "friends" he has on Facebook. I mean, has his life become that sad that he relies on a friendship counter to make him feel good about himself? Can reading messages on his Wall really help him get through a rough day? He has tried persuading me to join, but I haven't had much interest in social networking. I have good friends in real life, so why would I need fake friends on some website?

He finally convinced me to join when he told me how many of my current friends are already signed up. These friends are normal-functioning members of society, so I figured that if they were part of the phenomenon, I could try it out. My glee was hard to contain when within 20 minutes of registration, I already had 9 friends! I only wish that Arthur was not in the room to avoid having to look at the smirk on his face.

woo-hoo!! I just checked and I now have 11 Friends!!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so glad that I could add to your happiness!

Amber said...

Hey, I have a facebook account. Can we be friends???

CoCo said...

Kerri! I can't believe you succumbed (sorry to your other "friends" out there). Actually I'm just waiting for the world to smirk at me when I convert - I'm total Alma the Younger of MyFace right now.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Coco, I haven't succumbed yet, either. I don't need another addiction in my life. :)