January 11, 2008

Cereal Junkie

The biggest problem with eating cereal is trying to decide which brand to eat. I have long been a fan of combining cereals. When you can't choose between fiber or sugar, just go for both. The sweet crunchy flavor of Fiber One - Pops is something you just can't buy at the store. My secret indulgence has been discovered by Tyler, which has recently become a bigger problem. He now insists on getting a sampling of every cereal we have in the pantry. This was what was left on my counter every day last week:

7 comments:

Amanda said...

You're a nice mom! We never have that many kinds of cereal in our house at one time, and it's a very rare occasion I let my kids mix cereal. This morning they got lucky with a mini wheats/cheerios combo, but it doesn't happen often.

jordan said...

hey! so i need to try this cereal combining thing. i end up eating multiple bowls of cereal- this would solve that problem.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Combining is also helpful when you try a new cereal and aren't wild about it. If you mix it with something you like, you can enjoy the dud cereal a little at a time rather than throwing it out.

holly said...

I can't tell if that is really yummy or really gross. I, myself, am more of a cereal purist. One at a time, please.
I DO think it is quite funny that Tyler is eating that many cereals in one bowl. That kid makes me laugh.

Amber said...

Wow, I've never thought to combine my cereals. Maybe I'll have to try it. But then again, maybe not. I'm probably gonna have to go with "holly", who I do not know, but that's okay. I'm a cereal purist. My favorite right now is Cracklin' Oat Bran. I love it.

Wallinskees said...

I LOVE mixing cereals. It's one of my favorite things to do. It makes most cereals better than they are by themselves. I'm glad that someone else does it too.

Anonymous said...

Ahaha! I love the term "cereal purist"! But, one day you will get tired of eating the same old cereals, and then you will thank me for giving you more options!