January 8, 2008

Boys will be Boys

So, I just received a new calling to teach the 8 year old children at church. The class has 5 wonderfully rambunctious boys. Last week was my first week teaching, and I quickly realized that I am going to have to make the lessons interesting and employ a good sense of humor. I wrote the word, "BROWNIES" on the chalkboard and told them that every time they started to get a little too wild, I would remove one letter. If by the end of the class, there were still any letters remaining, they would get brownies at our next class. All 5 boys nearly fell off their chairs in laughter, when I erased the "O" and one of them yelled out, "We get weenies for our treat??".

3 comments:

holly said...

Oh my! You have such a hard class, with a reputation that definitely precedes them. Good luck. I tried my hardest to keep you. :) Dang primary.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Better start with the "S" next time, eh? :)

Tisha said...

this is hilarious! I'm in primary now too- I teach the valiant 12 class. there are 13 of them! 7 boys and 6 girls! it is pretty insane. and I too have resorted to sweets, lots of them, but what can I say, it works!! good luck with the little monkeys!