September 15, 2008

1st Day of School

Last week was Tyler's first day of preschool. This year was so much easier than last year since I gave him a positive incentive (bribe) of Jamba Juice after class. Although, he was a little hesitant, he walked right in and got to work playing with the cars.


When it was time to pick him up, he was sitting nicely with the class participating in the activity lead by his teacher (a big improvement over last year).

Oh yeah, and the sign in this picture is not actually lopsided. It used to have the name of his school, but for safety reasons I edited that out..


You would never know that by looking at these pictures how things quickly changed. If only I had a picture of the major temper tantrum that ensued just after Tyler realized that the Pirate Booty was gone! Let's just say that after a miserably failed attempt at giving him a time-out, the Jamba employees were not sad to see me clean up and rush the screamer/shoe-thrower to the car.

Well, at least I got a Jamba Juice out of it all!

2 comments:

Sarahp said...

OOHHHHHHH, so THAT's what they call bribes now a days! Positive incentive. I am totally into that. (My kids get donuts after Dr and Dentist appts.) It does help me be a little more excited about a task that I totally hate too (taking them to Dr and Dentists).

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Good point. I think moms deserve a reward, too - for surviving the ordeal. :)