September 17, 2008

Happiest Place on Earth

Last week, I was a brave mom and took the boys to Disneyland by myself. It was a pretty last minute decision so I didn't get a chance to call any friends to join us.

Even though Dylan panicked on every ride, it was actually a pretty nice day. We rode on about 6 rides in 2 1/2 hours, watched the Jedi Training show (seriously the cutest show they have and deep down, I wish my boys had the guts to participate in this one), did not have any major meltdowns and returned home in time for their afternoon naps.

Now that I have survived my first solo-Disneyland trip, I think we will have to go more often.

One of the problems with going alone is that there are very few opportunities to take fun pictures. So, here is the one picture that turned out:

P.S. I just realized Dylan is wearing bright red t-shirts in the previous 3 posts. We actually have 3 of these shirts, they fit him perfectly, and so he ends up wearing at least one of them every week. So, although it may seem that he wears the same thing all the time, it is not quite the case.

3 comments:

maren bosley said...

I am definitely impressed! I took my kids to the park today by myself--which went well. Disneyland puts you in a whole different league though :) What a great mom!

The Proctor Group said...

I'm having Disneyland withdrawal. We need to go next week!

Nancy said...

hey kerri, thanks for the comment! i will send you the pictures as soon as i'm done with them. take care!