September 2, 2008

Tyler is 4

Last week was Tyler's 4th Birthday. Why must children grow up so quickly?


This post is all about Tyler as I do not want to forget these things. I am sure it will bore everyone else, though, so feel free to stop reading now!

Happy 4th Birthday, Tyler!

You are the most spirited little boy I know. I love you for your determination and spunk. You never cease to surprise me and have such a range of emotions. You can be energetic and rambunctious one moment and totally quiet and nervous the next. I feel completely in awe that you are my little boy and I will get to love you forever!

In your honor, here are some fun facts about you:

This was a big year for you, Tyler! You started preschool and learned to sit still and listen to your teacher. You became more confident in working at the craft table and learned to pedal a bike. At home, you learned to write your name and most of the other letters. You also surprised us all when you started reading!

You love clocks and are starting to learn to tell time. When we are at Grandma and Grandpa's house, you are obsessed with their clocks and run to listen to the chime at every quarter hour. You get mad at us if we dare to talk during this time!

I love your energy and your zeal for life. There is nothing better than listening to you giggle and squeal!

Your most favorite thing is to run as fast as you can. Chasing and racing have become favorite games. Even walking takes a lot of energy as you tend to stomp very loudly to announce your arrival. When you are not running or stomping, you are very serious about playing with your cars or trains. You will sit quietly for long periods of time and stare at the wheels and analyze them moving and then suddenly, you will crash them with such vigor and force. You know all the Thomas trains by their number, color, and wheels. Although you don't watch too much television, your favorite movie is (surprise, surprise) Cars.

You are obsessed with garages and traffic lights. We cannot go anywhere without you taking note of which neighbors have their garage doors open or closed. You demand to wait and watch garage doors close when one of these neighbors pulls out. You even like to pretend that our central vacuum inlet cover is a garage and many hot wheels cars have been stuck inside! When we are driving and a traffic light turns yellow, you make sure to tell me to slow down and stop. While we sit at the red light, you can be heard saying "turn green! turn green! turn green!"

One of your favorite places is Kidspace because you can ride the bikes with Dylan and climb the tower. You also love the arboretum because it is a place where you can run wildly.

In church, you are in the Sunbeam class and this year you said a scripture in front of the entire Primary. Your favorite song is Called To Serve and have been known to belt it out in grocery stores and museums.

You have become a tremendous help at home this year. You often run to retrieve a plastic bag for Dylan's messy diaper changes, help clean up your toys, and teach Dylan many words and phrases. You also love to help Daddy bring in the trash cans from the street.

As I am writing this, you are sitting on my lap with a car in your hand pretending the table is a road. You keep trying to take over typing and I have to remind you that it is my turn. I know moments like this will soon pass so I hope I can remember them forever.

I will love you forever, my little buddy!

2 comments:

CoCo said...

Not boring at all. A very sweet post Kerri. :)

I also know that Tyler will enjoy looking back on this post and reading it years later.

Tisha said...

happy birthday tyler! I love reading all the fun and unique things about you at age 4! what a amazing, intelligent, fun and interesting boy! we hope this year is the best one yet!!