September 11, 2008

Meeting the Del Martians

Last week, the boys and I visited my friend Bindi, in San Diego. She and I met 6 years ago while working at LMB and have many funny stories working at an internet start-up company. From sitting at fold-up tables instead of desks, being relegated to the basement, and taking control of the weekly massage sign ups, we have our share of laughs.

If you are ever in Del Mar, you will have to check out her store, Bathe Shop, for some great bath products. We did a little shopping, laughed at the local "Del Martians" and then ate lunch at a park on the beach. The train runs right along the coast in this area, so the boys came up close and personal with a huge commuter train during our lunch. I think Tyler had second thoughts about trains being his favorite after hearing how loud a train whistle really is. Thank you, Bindi, for a great afternoon! Even though it is less than 2 hours away, it really feels like a vacation when we go to San Diego.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it Kerri, thanks for the honorable mention in your blog and the picture posts! What wonderful memories. The kids, the park, the beach, the commuter trains. Contrary to what Tyler answers, I still hope the boys had fun! I've got a soft spot for Dylan he's the quiet and humble one and the younger child, i've got a lot in common with him. haha. luv, Bindi